5 Reasons Why I Love HURTS TO LOVE YOU by Alisha Rai

by - 9:48 AM

Hey beautiful people. This book is one I've been excited to read and yet I've also been sad to start. Excited because I absolutely adore this series and I adore Alisha's writing so much. Sad because I know it's the last book in the series so it's bittersweet for me, for it to end when I just want ten more books to come. This will be a review for Hurts to Love You by Alisha Rai, releasing today March 27th, published by Avon. 


Hurts to Love You
by Alisha Rai
Publisher: Avon
Release date: March 27th, 2018
Series: Forbidden Hearts #3

Well-behaved women don’t lust after men who love to misbehave. 

Heiress Evangeline Chandler knows how to keep a secret... like her life-long crush on the tattooed hottie who just happens to be her big brother’s friend. She’s a Chandler, after all, and Chandlers don’t hook up with the help. Then again, they also don’t disobey their fathers and quit their respectable jobs, so good-girl rules may no longer apply.

Gabriel Hunter hides the pain of his past behind a smile, but he can’t hide his sudden attraction to his friend’s sheltered little sister. Eve is far too sweet to accept anything less than forever and there’s no chance of a future between the son of a housekeeper and the town’s resident princess.

When a wedding party forces Eve and Gabe into tight quarters, keeping their hands off each other will be as hard as keeping their clothes on. The need that draws them together is stronger than the forces that should shove them apart . . . but their sparks may not survive the explosion when long-buried secrets are finally unearthed.

Add on Goodreads
Available on Amazon | B&N | Kobo | iTunes

I wanted to write a review of this but I thought it would be easier for me and for you all to just list the reasons why I adored this book. I actually finished it like two days ago, and it changed me. I started it one day and finished it so quickly wow. And let me tell you I'm not so good right now at keeping up because I get bored so easily lately I don't know why. But I knew Alisha's will be amazing and it was.

1. Eve Chandler. 

I relate so much to her. To keep myself inside my shell, for fear of saying something I shouldn't say or something that would make people think I don't know what I'm talking about. I relate so much to Eve because she has that thing where she keeps her true self hidden and uses this cold-y persona outside. 

I absolutely adored Eve and she is such a ray of sunshine. I loved how she grew in front of our eyes. And not even from this book, but the whole thing, since the very beginning, since book one where we met Nicholas, her brother, and Eve, the sister who went and told Livvy she would give her money to go away. We saw Eve for the first time and it was the start of an amazing journey arc for her.

2. Gabe Hunter. 

Man. We know about him because he's Olivia's boss but gosh are they more layers to him. First of all, I want to say oh my god Alisha introduced this book with his point of view and he is just hearts eyes looking and thinking about Eve's arms. He agrees to go cake-tasting because he knows Eve will be there even though he hates sweets. He's A Soft. 

3. People of color in the spotlight.

I'm always here for representation and I know the Forbidden Hearts series has it. I fell in love more when I found out Eve and Gabe have both brown skin. And if you didn't know the first book has a Japanese-Hawaiian heroine, Greek hero. While the second book has a Pakistani heroine, Japanese-Hawaiian hero. 

You should all really read this series.

4. The family.

It's all about family in this series. Especially in this book, but we have seen it grow throughout the series. We have the Chandlers and the Kanes, the big two families who are enemies, who has a fall-out years ago and who cannot forget what happened. 

But it is so much complex and it's so amazing to see the layers open in front of you and to find out finally about all the secrets. And with it, you find out a bit more about the family, the families. It's great to have this because there is a lot of history in families and we see this in this series. 

I love how it all finally comes together in Hurts to Love You. From Livvy and Nicholas, to Sadia and Jackson and to Gabe and Eve. I love this family so much.

5. The romance and tropes.

Whispers it has age gap and forbidden love. Gabe is way older than Eve. (Not so much, but like 12 years if I think right?). She's a heiress and he is the son of the housekeeper. My heart is melting and throw also that he's so sweet and he's so in love with her and both are in love with each other but cannot say anything because it's !! forbidden!! 

My heart was on the floor. My soul was out of my body. I was watching it all through kind of a dream. This romance started with small things like Gabe thinking about Eve's arm and he thinking about Eve's skin and how small of a thing is that because he cannot even touch it but he keeps thinking about it. And it develops into something even larger like that Kiss where finally they both do the thing they have always wanted to do. 


Alisha Rai writes award-winning emotionally complex contemporary romance novels and is frequently sought as a speaker on a range of topics covering romance and media.

 She is the first author to have an indie-published book appear on Washington Post’s annual Best Books list. Her books have also been named Best Books of the Year by NPR, Vulture, Entertainment Weekly, Amazon, Kirkus, Bustle, and Cosmopolitan Magazine and her novels have won the RT Reviewer’s Choice Award for erotic and contemporary romance. When she’s not writing, Alisha is traveling and tweeting.

You May Also Like

0 comments