ARC REVIEW: Act Like It by Lucy Parker

by - 5:23 PM

Title: Act Like It by Lucy Parker
Series: Standalone
Publisher: Carina Press
Publishing: November 30th, 2015
Links: Goodreads | Amazon | B&N
Rating:
     
Goodreads Synopsis:
This just in: romance takes center stage as West End theatre's Richard Troy steps out with none other than castmate Elaine Graham

Richard Troy used to be the hottest actor in London, but the only thing firing up lately is his temper. We all love to love a bad boy, but Richard's antics have made him Enemy Number One, breaking the hearts of fans across the city.

Have the tides turned? Has English rose Lainie Graham made him into a new man?

Sources say the mismatched pair has been spotted at multiple events, arm in arm and hip to hip. From fits of jealousy to longing looks and heated whispers, onlookers are stunned by this blooming romance.

Could the rumors be right? Could this unlikely romance be the real thing? Or are these gifted stage actors playing us all?


Lucy Parker bewitched me since the start. These two characters, I came to adore them and it pleases me to say I enjoyed this book quite a lot. LIKE A LOT A LOT. It fills me with joy when I find books - amazing books - you can reread for the rest of your life. And I think Act Like It is like that. 

 The London theatre scene was my favorite, and it's the first time I read about theatre in a book (I think!) It captivated me that this was going to be a huge part in the book (and it was!) I adored seeing them interacting on scene and all the little quirks about this job. It was really interesting to see it come to life. 

The two fabulous characters: Lainie and Richard. I. ADORED. THEM. My heart was jumping out my chest every time they interacted together. It has hate/love, fake dating, guys. We have actual hate to love meanwhile they are fake dating. They are celebrities and co-stars. It's like the perfect book - I've wanted a book like this for a while now! And Lucy Parker enchanted me completely. 

  • There's SO MUCH BANTER. 1000% you'll fall in love with this ASAP. 
  • There are these times when they can't stop from touching like little things *a hand, shoulder, leg* It's the fact that they want to keep them there with them (!!!) 
  • Their relationship was such a happy thing to watch develop. *cries* I love fake dating. 

Lucy Parker has gone to the top of my list of authors to watch. Act Like It left me a nice impression and kept me in love with the characters for all those pages. She did a fantastic job writing about Richard and Elaine! I found them super cute and funny and their banter is top 10 in the book world. If you like theatre and celebrities and fake dating and hot couples who banter in a good way and kiss when they can't stop themselves any longer, this book is definitely for you.




Lucy Parker lives in the gorgeous Central Otago region of New Zealand, where she feels lucky every day to look out at mountains, lakes, and vineyards. She has a degree in Art History, loves museums and art galleries, and doodles unrecognizable flowers when she has writer’s block.   
When she’s not writing, working or sleeping, she happily tackles the towering pile of to-be-read books that never gets any smaller. Thankfully, there’s always another story waiting. 
Her interest in romantic fiction began with a pre-teen viewing of Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice (Firth-style), which prompted her to read the book as well. A family friend introduced her to Georgette Heyer, and the rest was history.



You May Also Like

0 comments